Eco-Energy views the global market as a significant area for growth in the biofuels industry. Our International division represents non-U.S. operations within our other business units, including Alliance Relations, Marketing Services, and Distribution Services.
Our initial focus was on delivering biofuels and related services to Canada. During 2011, additional growth markets were developed to serve end-users on a global scale.
In 2012, Eco-Energy joined forces with Copersucar, the largest sugar and ethanol trader in Brazil, to become the world's largest biofuel marketer. The partnership took global supply capacity to 2.6 billion gallons per year and created the most sophisticated biofuels platform in the market. This platform allows Eco-Energy to expand more quickly beyond the borders of North America.
As international trade of biofuels increases, Eco-Energy is ready to capitalize on the market's growth. Our producer partners benefit from our International division in a number of ways, including:
- Unprecedented scale and information flow.
- The access to a disciplined global platform while remaining an independent, local business
- Pricing power through our value-added service offering
- A full understanding of how Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS II) impacts supply and demand (S&D) to better understand timing of flows and impacts
- A solid footing as Eco-Energy continues downstream growth and risk, thanks to growth capital investment